Monday, July 9, 2012

Goodbyes...

July 9, 2012
I just learned about some bad news related to my little LP community.  I was writing Andrea and Chris this morning to plan a possible hike for this weekend and Andrea just replied that Jane ( who was mentioned a few times in the earlier posts) was killed by a car yesterday while bicycling.  I didn't know Jane very well, except for our brief time on the trail.  I didn't even know her last name, but it never mattered on the trail as a first name or nickname is usually good enough.  She was quietly determined and enjoyed biking and hiking.   She was a longtime friend to Chris and Andrea and my heart goes out to them for their loss.   When I get there eventually, I will place a flower in her honor and memory at the highest point of the LP, which is the summit of Slide mountain in the Catskills. [postlog - this was accomplished with Chris

http://chembrew.blogspot.com/2012/09/slide-cornell-and-wittenburg-day.html

More info on this can be found here: http://www.everybicyclistcounts.org/site/detail/jane_shakman

11/14/16
Sadly I heard from Chris that Jakob Franke passed away suddenly on Thursday November 10, 2016.
He was the one who tirelessly cared for the LP and many other trails in the NY/NJ conference.
I admired him and owe him a debt of gratitude and know he lived a huge life and will always be remembered for his tireless service to our community
42- Patty rejoices as Jakob returns




No comments:

Post a Comment